(Advertorial) Behold: Bread & Butter is coming up this weekend! This year I’m pretty sad, that I won’t be able to go, because I’m still traveling overseas, while Zalando is opening the doors to fashion wonderland again. But luckily this year’s B&&B will feature a livestream – so at least I can join digitally.
If you’re in Berlin – join the happening!
The Bread & Butter (hosted by Zalando) is probably THE BIGGEST FASHION, MUSIC AND LIFESTYLE HAPPENING OF THE YEAR. And even better: Although it was formerly only for press and buyers, it’s now open for all of you!
So if you happen to be in Berlin from 1st to 3rd of September, make sure to grab a ticket. It’s just 20 euros and it’s worth the money – trust me (I’ve been there last year): TICKETS HERE!
Last year’s B&&B titled “NOW” was one of the most exciting events of 2016! (Check my video from last year for more). There was a sick list of artists like ASAP Rocky and Angle Haze. You could check out brand booths with lots of exciting new stuff, like 3d printing by adidas and the original workspace of no other than Pharell Williams for G-Star.
Besides an overall good vibe the chance to watch fashion shows without the super annoying “how to get on the list procedure”, there is also the chance to meet loads of your favorite designers, bloggers and fashion icons from around the world. I’m more than excited what’s coming up this year!
Sportswear had the biggest influence on fashion in the last years. From the track pants and the hoodies to the Baseball shirt – it has all been incorporated into everyday fashion. This year’s B&&B title “Bold” means wild with no fear to me. This could be ultra bright colors or high-tech materials, something only sportswear infused into fashion to the max.
My outfit and photoshoot location is obviously inspired by one of America’s most authentic sports – Baseball. For me there is nothing more bold than the iconic black and white contrast. In our world full of wild color combinations, it can be bold to retreat to the non-colors sometimes.
Since I’m traveling while Berlin is having the party of the year at B&&B 17, here’s how I will join – and you can join as well, from wherever you might be this weekend:
Check the livestream of the fashion shows and other highlights of the Bread & Butter!
So what can you expect this time?
- The one and only fashion enfant terrible DAME VIVIENNE WESTOOD will come! With her talk called “Get a life” she will teach us to think more sustainable and carefully in our everyday actions. There will be also an immersive exhibition of anarchic pieces from her archive!
- There will be fashion shows by G-Star RAW, HUGO, Jil Sander Navy, The Kooples, Selected Femme/Homme, and Zalando. (Every visitor has the chance to access to shows on a first come, first served basis).
- After the shows, you can instantly buy the pieces through a wristband via Zalando.com.
- The new VANS X Karl Lagerfeld collection will be released! The Godfather of Skate-shoes versus the Godfather of haute couture!
- Furthermore, special guests and Dutch design duo Viktor&Rolf bring their haute couture collection to Berlin for the first time.
- More than 40 labels show their latest styles and there will be some interesting brand labs.
- THE FUTURE IS FEMALE: FKA twigs & M.I.A. – live – ahhhh why can’t I be there!
- There will be also live acts like the super talented YUNG HURN (I still think he is the reincarnated Falco and will start a new Austrian music world order ;-) and Bilderbuch.
- Even the food got an upgrade (if possible at all) with the first street food Michelin-starred chef, Chan Hon Meng presenting his signature dishes. Something I’m pretty interested in – because everyone knows food is the sex of the elderly. (Too sad I can’t get a livestream for the food here…)
(& IF YOUR BODY CAN’T MAKE IT TO B&&B )
Live stream on the B&&B channel – stay online:
📍Location: Baseball Stadium, Southwest Florida
📷 Photography: Lady Venom / Marion Vicenta Payr